6 months ago
Graduate Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £ commensurate with experience
RSK Land Development and Engineering (LDE) Ltd, part of the RSK Group of companies, provides a complete engineering design service for residential and commercial development projects, both pre and post planning. RSK LDE Ltd was formed in 2003 after a number of specialist design engineers joined RSK in order to strengthen its existing in-house capabilities. It now has a highly experienced team made up of professional civil and structural engineering staff with many years experience in the assessment, design and construction of major development projects. LDE’s engineers typically evaluate the land use constraints in support of the site acquisition and planning process. This work would then be continued into detail design, obtaining statutory approvals, procuring and supervising the site infrastructure and remediation projects.
Overall RSK currently offer the following engineering expertise: infrastructure and pre-acquisition engineering assessments, highways, drainage, structural and civil design, statutory utilities negotiations and flood risk assessments.
Graduate Infrastructure Engineer – Hemel Hempstead
* Infrastructure Designer supporting design team on designated projects.
* Undertake Infrastructure design under supervision using AutoCAD and other propriety design software.
* Understand role within design team and timescales available for undertaking required works.
* Undertake negotiations with Local and Drainage Authority Engineers on design for adoptable works.
* Negotiations with statutory utilities to obtain layouts and quotations.
* Understand and implement designs on private areas to comply with current Codes of Practice.
* Understand and appreciate the role of the other members of the design team (Architect, M&E Engineer, Client etc).
* Keep up to date with changes in legislation, codes of practice, design codes and proprietary suppliers.
* Under supervision of Project Engineer and in conjunction with the design team, assist in the scheme design / value engineering of each project to ensure the client requirements are met by the most viable option.
* Understand the required programme, co-ordination, communication and LDE involvement within project to ensure satisfactory delivery of a project.
* Maintain and develop technical or management capability through CPD - chiefly through graduate membership of ICE and attendance at RSK lunchtime CPD.
* Understand and implement HERRR, Quality and SHEQMS procedures at project level.
* Attend relevant training seminars when relevant and present key points to colleagues.
* Checking of drawings and calculations prepared by colleagues to a level determined by the Project Engineer.
* Undertake calculations and designs using an efficient and rationalised process under guidance of Project Engineer as necessary.
* Assist in the issue of project documents (email, extra-net and postal).
* Be aware of project deadlines and allocated time to work items.
Some of the key skills and expertise required for this role will include:
* On-going experience in drawing production in accordance with standard procedures.
* Practical understanding of civil engineering principles.
* Use of industry standard design software including PDS for highway design and ground modelling.
* Use of WinDes to design and model new drainage systems including Sustainable drainage.
* Develop project management skills using RSK procedures.
* Expanding knowledge of the full engineering / development process.
* Working knowledge of Autocad R2007 or later revision.
* Educated to degree, HNC or HND level.
* Graduate Member of Institution of Civil Engineers and pursuing professional status.
* Self-motivated and ambitious.
* A good self-manager of time and work.
* Strong team player with an energetic outlook.
* Experienced in use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
Salary & Benefits:
* £Commensurate with experience
* Contributory Pension Scheme and Company Life Assurance
* A flexible benefits programme including private health care
* Regular training and career development
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.