8 months ago
Job Title : Graduate Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor / Principal Designer
Location : Liverpool
Category : Health and Safety
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Negotiable
Reference # : RG1193
Graduate Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor / Principal Designer
Salary: £Negotiable – depending on experience
Are you looking to develop a career as a Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor whilst working exceptionally varied and diverse construction projects in a team atmosphere?
Our projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes and working for interesting clients including motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, healthcare providers, contractors, developers etc.
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor to join our significantly experienced and talented CDM Team.
Graduate Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Advisor duties include:
• Carrying out the function of the Principal Designer under the CDM regulations
• Monitor designer’s compliance with their duties under the CDM regulations
• Undertake site inspections and monitoring visits to determine health & safety compliance
• Attend project, design and other meetings
• Work to deadlines ensure projects are completed efficiently and within budget
• Support senior team members as required
• Assist in maintaining the business 18001 accreditation
Your skills, knowledge and experience:
• Educated to Degree level or above in a construction / health and safety related degree
• The ability to work on multiple projects
• An understanding of the principles of risk reduction
• A knowledge of the CDM regulations and associated legislation
Other skills which would be an advantage but are not essential include:
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate or similar
• Graduate or Technical membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
• An understanding of the design process
• Construction industry experience
It is anticipated the role will require initial and on-going training in areas where knowledge may be limited, and you will be fully supported by Ridge in gaining this expertise.
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. We actively challenge and continuously improve our performance by investing in the training and development of our people.
And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
• 25 days holiday
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Pension: Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
• Competitive salary
Closing Date : 25th August 2018