4 months ago
Graduate Geotechnical Engineer
Apr 12, 2019
Chester, CHES, GB, CH1 3AE
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
Functions in an engineer capacity. Under close supervision, performs routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments.
* Develops familiarity by reading, understanding and applying departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
* Develops an understanding and complies with the Black and Veatch quality program
* Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
* Contributes to preparation of less complex engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope
* Performs routine research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
* Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
* Prepares basic engineering calculations following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analysis
* Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
* Shares information with others as requested
* Coordinates with others when directed by supervisor or project leadership
* Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers
* May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
* Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
Flexible working will be considered for this role.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Geotechnical Engineering, Engineer, Geology, Engineering