about 1 year ago
£ commensurate with experience
Category: Graduate Jobs
Graduate Geotechnical/Civil Engineering Consultant
Salary: £ commensurate with experience
The Geosciences division within RSK Group Ltd, is one of the UK’s largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies with ambitious plans for growth in the future. In addition, it can call on further related resources through owning Structural Soils Ltd, a market leading site investigation and drilling contracting company.
The company now has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Geotechnical or Civil Engineering Consultant to join the Ground Engineering North team in Coventry, part of the wider Geosciences division. Working alongside an experienced team you will get involved with a vast array of projects predominately within the property sector including infrastructure, major earthworks, commercial warehousing and housing, energy and manufacturing sector.
Graduate Geotechnical/Civil Engineering Consultant – Coventry
The successful candidate will be qualified with an Engineering Geology or Civil Engineering related degree and have a desire to be involved in and develop their career in the area of ground investigation investigations and geotechnical and earthworks design to facilitate infrastructure and property development of land. An awareness and understanding of contaminated land issues, remediation and planning would also be advantageous. Any post graduation relevant experience will also be beneficial.
* Managing or assisting in the management of a variety of geotechnical projects for both external clients and for other teams within RSK;
* Providing technical support at all stages of assigned projects and assisting in controlling project costs and programme;
* Soil and rock logging to current geotechnical standards, including laboratory scheduling;
* Geotechnical and contamination interpretation and data analysis;
* Preparing technical notes, drawings and reports (depending on experience);
* Collating and analysing technical data;
* Assisting in geotechnical design;
* Assisting in the preparation of Contract documents, H&S Documents and specifications;
* Supervising Ground Investigation, remediation, earthworks, and geotechnical remedial works;
* Travel to other offices and sites within the UK (as needed).
* HND or BSc/BEng degree level qualified in Civil Engineer or Engineering Geology or a related subject essential
* MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering related subjects preferable but not essential
* Awareness and understanding of Ground Investigation Techniques, Insitu testing, Instrumentation, soil logging, earthworks, laboratory testing and interpreting results with working good knowledge of geotechnical and environmental guidance, BS10175.
* Experience or working knowledge of CAD and use of GIS and field GPS systems to capture and manage field data and develop plans an advantage.
* Use of data management software including excel and proprietary software including GINT desirable.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual
* Candidates must be willing to spend a significant amount of their working day out on site and away from home.
* Full UK driving licence.
Salary and benefits:
* Dependent on experience
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Free life assurance cover
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
* We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society or Institute of Civil Engineers, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
RSK prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies and ranked first for contaminated land and remediation consultancy (Environmental Analyst, December 2016), and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Nikita Soni, HR Business Partner onor .
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer