5 months ago
Graduate Environmental Consultant - Waste and Resource Management, Manchester, Shrewsbury, Bristol or Bradford on Avon, UK
Office Location: Shrewsbury
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits
Discipline team: Waste & Resource Management
Due to a steadily increasing workload we currently have opportunities within our Manchester, Shrewsbury, Bradford on Avon or Bristol offices for Project-level consultants to join our established Waste and Resource Management team. SLR Consulting is a leading global provider of environmental consultancy and advisory services to the waste and recycling sector, providing advice to a range of clients including waste producers, the waste management industry, its regulators and investors.
The Waste and Resource Management team has experience of providing practical advice on all waste types, including municipal, household, commercial, industrial, construction, demolition, agricultural, and mining waste – in the UK and internationally.
Key client types include:
• Public sector.
• Waste management businesses, including technology providers.
• Financial sector.
• Commercial and industrial businesses.
• Construction businesses.
Technical service offerings include:
• Procurement support for waste services and infrastructure.
• Waste policy, strategy and plan development.
• Commercial due diligence and market analysis for waste infrastructure.
• Greenhouse gas and carbon modelling for waste projects.
Waste service/infrastructure reviews and options appraisals. Due to SLR’s diverse nature, the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work across multiple disciplines.
SLR is a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Our “one team” culture, flat management structure and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress; and to work on interesting projects with valued clients. We strive to ensure that opportunities both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive salary, candidates will receive a comprehensive range of benefits including BUPA, business-class travel insurance, life cover, pension and much more.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working under the guidance of more senior members of the Waste and Resource Management team, the successful candidate(s) will be required to undertake research and data collation, processing and modelling for a wide range of waste and resource management projects, assisting in the preparation of reports/presentations and contract documents. The successful candidate(s) will also be required to assist senior members of different disciplines (for example the Process Engineering and Process Safety and/or Carbon and Energy Management teams) within SLR in similar tasks, including potentially site based work. There will also be some administration duties in the management of projects.
Person Specification Summary
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Degree in Civil Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Environmental Science / Mathematics / Physics or equivalent (Masters level desirable, as is A-level Maths)
• Strong analytical, research and report writing skills with a good level of numeracy.
• A desire to develop a career within Wastes and Resources - any knowledge of Waste and Resource Management, Waste Treatment or Renewables Technologies/Policies or Procurement Contracts an advantage.
• Advanced computer skills within Microsoft suite (word/excel/PowerPoint); and any coding or app development experience would be useful.
• Full driving license
Applications and Enquiries
PLEASE NOTE – NO AGENCY SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED FOR THIS ROLE
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.