about 1 year ago
£ commensurate with experience
Category: Graduate Jobs
Graduate Engineering Geologist
Salary: £ commensurate with experience
Ian Farmer Associates, a member of RSK Group Ltd, is a geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigation company with offices covering the majority of the United Kingdom. It is further supported by a fully accredited UKAS laboratory and together with the Geosciences division of RSK, the company makes RSK Group one of the UK’s largest site investigation service providers. Ian Farmer Associates currently has an immediate need for a Graduate Engineering Geologist based in Redruth.
Graduate Engineering Geologist – Redruth, Cornwall
We are seeking a reliable, self-motivated Graduate Engineer to join the team in our Redruth office.
The role is predominantly site based and involves, but is not limited to:
* Site supervision of basic ground investigations;
* On-site supervision of subcontract crews, including cable percussion, rotary, and window sampling crews;
* Logging of soil and rock to BS5930 / Eurocode 7: on-site, at the office, or whilst supervising drilling or undertaking trial pitting;
* Groundwater / gas monitoring and sampling;
* Assisting in the preparation of Factual Reports and PIR Desk Studies;
* Recently qualified with at least a geology / earth sciences degree;
* The ability to work both within a team and as a responsible individual;
* Good organisational and communication skills;
* A full UK driving licence;
* Enthusiasm to work in an outdoors role;
* Willing to travel and work away from home;
* Be within a reasonable travelling distance of your office base, or be prepared to re-locate.
Salary and benefits:
* £commensurate with experience
* Contributory Pension Scheme and Company Life Assurance
* A flexible benefits programme including private health care
* We encourage Continuing Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates through the Pathway to Chartership.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.