about 1 year ago
Graduate Engineer Wastewater (Conveyance)- Wrexham
Due to increasing workloads in our Water Engineering team and the implementation of the Global Water Sector Strategy, our office in Wrexham now has a challenging opportunity for a Graduate to develop the Wastewater engineering capability supporting the Water Engineering team in the briefing, tendering, consultation, design, implementation and management processes for construction projects of varying size and nature.
* Act as a member of a team on projects, as assigned, you will contribute to meeting clients' expectations.
* Provide support to project teams, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality to achieve the planned profit.
* Work effectively with, and coordinate the efforts of, engineering team members including civil, process, mechanical, electrical, and structural disciplines. Carry out design projects, manage interactions with other team members and monitor junior staff.
* Maintain, Develop and strengthen existing skills and deliver water engineering projects in accordance with client requirements and in line with company and industry best practice and up-to-date knowledge of relevant technical standards, legislation, codes of practice, and best practices in areas of competence.
Key benefits of the role include:
* Actively contribute to the development of the Wastewater Engineering capabilities in Opus' UK offices
* Joining an expanding team with a varied, interesting and challenging pipeline of work
* Joining a team with a culture of professional development and succession planning
* Competitive salary and benefits package
To apply for the role you will need:
* An accredited Bachelors or Master's Degree from a University specialising in civil or water engineering
* Graduate registration with appropriate professional body with an ambition to gain a professional qualification
* A technical background in sewerage, drainage and water engineering
* Experience in the use of industry standard software
* Good AutoCAD skills and willing to train in the use of GIS.
* A proven track record in meeting client expectations
* Experience of budget delivery and project time management
* Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organisation; is a great team member
* Ability to work with little supervision; effective time management and strong organisational skills
* Contribute on an on-going basis toward maintaining a safe working environment both for yourself and for those working with you or in your close vicinity
* Ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion and have the ability to work autonomously
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good analytical skills and attention to detail
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Engineer looking to develop their career in the field of Water Engineering
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.