about 1 year ago
Graduate Engineer - Utilities
We require a Graduate Engineer/Engineer who will provide project support to the Utilities team in Leicester. Work will involve:
* Early assessments of sites for site purchase and input into planning applications
* Preparation of preliminary designs and negotiation with statutory undertakers and other utility providers to provide best value solutions
* Procuring detailed designs for new connections, disconnections, alterations and diversions
* providing detailed construction drawings and overseeing works to completion on site
This post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them time to develop personally and professionally. WYG can offer a training agreement under the WYG ICE Training Scheme as well as experience in different areas of the business after an initial period.
You will have a track record of delivering services to the residential and commercial developer markets and also deliver additional value on major infrastructure projects; these services will cover pre-planning risk and cost assessment, through to the commissioning and adoption of new water, wastewater and energy assets on site. You will understand the utility connections market, NRSWA and be a proven specialist in the design and procurement of water, wastewater and energy networks.
Any experience of the technical and / or economic appraisal of low and zero-carbon energy networks would be valuable.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role to provide engineering support to the team as workload dictates. As well as excellent communication skills, you will be engaging with clients in order to understand their bespoke needs and deliver timely solutions.
* Provide technical assistance to members of the Utilities team
* Assist the Utilities team to ensure project delivery within agreed timescales and budgets
* Exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making related to the accomplishment of the team’s objectives
* Work under the supervision of the team leader
* Comply with Quality Management and Technical Excellence Systems and project procedures
* Assist in design reviews and verification checks, as required
* Ensure compliance with all legislation, regulations and site procedures or instructions
* Assist in the contract administration of projects and ensure that time and budgetary requirements are met
* Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, statutory authorities, utility companies and other consultants, as required
* Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering (or other suitable discipline)
* A Graduate member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
* Experience working in a Civil Engineering consultancy environment or similar
* Experience in the use of AutoCad Civil Engineering design software
* Experience and ability of working within project teams
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate (at all levels) with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants, statutory utility companies
* UK Driving Licence
* Highly motivated and keen to progress to I Eng or C Eng as appropriate
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
* International Development
* Infrastructure & Built Environment
* Programme & Project Management
* Surveying & Asset Management
* Planning and Transport
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You’ll also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.