3 months ago
About the Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are seeking to recruit a Graduate Engineer to join our Transport Planning team based in our Glasgow office. The Transport Planning Team undertake development planning work, providing advice to private sector and local authority clients on access and transportation issues and supporting development proposals through the planning process. The team works closely with our Infrastructure, Services, Structures and Environmental teams on larger multi-disciplinary development proposals.
Projects range from small residential developments through to the redevelopment of town centres, retail parks, foodstores, wind farms, transport interchanges and major regeneration schemes.
A typical week would include:
* Working to deadlines
* Attending training courses
* Being active on a number of projects at any given time
* Working closely with colleagues throughout Scotland and the UK
* Providing support in carrying out Transport Assessment work and other general transportation advice on schemes
* Using technical tools
* Carrying out Site investigations, research and reporting
We'd love to hear from you if you:
* Have completed (or are close to completing) an appropriate degree, relevant to the transport planning field (generally engineering, planning or geography), and are intending to pursue an appropriate professional qualification
* Have some knowledge of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, public transport and transport policies at local, regional and national level
* Have an enthusiasm for and genuine interest in Transport Planning and Engineering
* Are an effective communicator, both oral and written.
* Have demonstrable IT literacy, including use of industry standard Microsoft Office software, specifically Word and Excel
* Have patience & the ability to problem solve
* Have the ability to work as part of a team
* Are reliable & punctual
* Have a positive attitude with a willingness to learn and develop new skills, particularly traffic analysis software (TRICS, ARCADY, PICADY, TRANSYT, LINSIG)
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.