7 months ago
About the Role:
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
We have a fantastic pipeline of major projects. The £130m Lincoln Eastern Bypass is currently under construction. Work has also commenced on the £120m Grantham Southern Relief Road (including viaduct across East Coast Main Line and River Witham). We are currently in the design phase for major highway schemes at A17 Holdingham Roundabout and Spalding Western Relief Road, along with the design of schemes at Riseholme and Nettleham Road roundabouts. This is in addition to other highway improvement schemes we deliver.
We have a significant pipeline of exciting major projects. WSP are working in partnership with Lincolnshire County Council. The training you will receive comprises an excellent blend of public and private sector skills. The partnership has an excellent record of developing staff and achieving accreditation with bodies such as ICE. The ICE refer other employers to us as an exemplar of training and development.
As Graduate Engineer you will have the opportunity to work in a vibrant and historic city. Under a training agreement you will progress towards Incorporated and Chartered Status of a recognised engineering or technical body. You will fulfil a pivotal role in completing projects that deliver real benefit to people’s lives.
Reporting to a Senior or Principal Engineer (which could be an LCC member of staff), you will support Lincoln team in the delivery of efficient and effective highway schemes. Your work will be varied and reactive to the team’s priorities.
A typical week would include:
* undertake investigations, site inspections, data collection and analysis, scheme design and development, and supervision of construction;
* prepare technical design solutions in accordance with approved design procedures;
* prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval;
* Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards milestones.
* guide junior team members and provide day-to-day support;
* exercise independent engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems;
* manage the delivery of your own projects with minimal supervision;
* comply with health, safety, welfare, environmental and CDM responsibilities, legislation and guidance;
* be a proactive and collaborative member of the integrated team;
* contribute to technical excellence and innovation across the team;
* take responsibility for own personal development and assist in the development of others.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Some knowledge and experience in highway Design or the design of general civil engineering projects.
* Some knowledge of the main management systems & processes used within a consultancy business
* Be a good communicator, able to talk to various parties including engineers, other authorities, members of the council and members of the public.
* Some knowledge of relevant design software and design standards
* The ability to prepare clear and concise reports, maps, plans and data tables, using appropriate software;
* Be Organised and methodical;
* Experience of working in a quality assured environment;
* Be Aware of the philosophy and practice of Health and Safety in civil engineering design and construction
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
We value our people and our reputation
We stand for attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best professionals in our fields of expertise, because our people are what make us great. We put the highest ethical standards at the centre of all we do. We are professional, humble and act with moral and intellectual integrity, keep our word, treat everyone with respect, support our colleagues and embrace diversity