6 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
A typical week would include:
• Working on a wide variety of infrastructure projects throughout Northern Ireland and overseas.
• Produce innovative designs on some of the most ambitious projects in the UK.
• Application of design standards such as the DMRB for the design of dual carriageways, roundabouts and major junctions.
• Producing 2D drawings in AutoCAD, and using software such as MX Roads for 3D designs.
• Producing design reports explaining designs and decisions in a clear, concise manner.
• Carrying out visits to both live construction sites and potential site locations taking measurements and pictures.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
* Be passionate with the curiosity and creativity to solve problems.
* Confidence to seek clarification of instructions.
* Commitment to work as part of a design team focused on project delivery.
* Willingness to begin working towards achieving chartership from a recognised institution
* Familiarity with engineering software such as AutoCAD.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.