23 days ago
RPS continue to grow and we are now looking to reinforce our Birmingham civil engineering consulting business with a Graduate Civil Engineer appointment.
This is an exciting and unrivalled opportunity to develop and progress in an environment where your efforts and talent are recognised…We can offer the right individual the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects with Blue-Chip Developers through a friendly and vibrant team and a class leading mentorship programme.
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of around 5,000 consultants and service providers. Working in 125 countries across all six continents. We are proud of the quality tailored solutions we provide to our clients which generate high volumes of repeat business and we are confident we can provide unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
About the role
As a Graduate Civil Engineer with RPS you will be involved with a range of projects including commercial, residential, industrial and infrastructure where you will produce, and assist in managing the production of, designs and drawings in accordance with the project requirements.
* Supporting the Principal / Associate / Senior in the technical delivery of projects.
* Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external project team members as appropriate.
* Attending and contributing to project / client meetings and undertaking site inspections as required.
* Conducting activities and producing outputs in line with relevant legislation and industry standards.
* Completing designs based on guidance from Line Manager, applying sound technical knowledge relevant to the role.
* Checking CAD/Revit drawing/modelling work completed by junior colleagues.
* Conducting activities in line with RPS procedures.
* Conducting work activities which support the Integrated Management System.
* Upholding defined RPS behaviours and appropriate personal/professional conduct.
* Assisting in mentoring junior staff, providing advice and guidance to share technical expertise as appropriate.
* Working in a safe manner at all times and reports all health & safety incidents and concerns, including near misses, accidents, and injuries.
* Managing own continuous professional development and continually improving discipline knowledge and awareness.
* Additional duties as required.
* 0 to 2 years relevant post-Graduate experience
* Good computer skills in using Microsoft Office software
* Ability to use technical software relevant to the design discipline
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Organisational skills to manage own deadlines and competing priorities
* Team working skills
* Licenced to drive and willingness to travel as required
* Relevant Engineering degree
* Strong Autocad and 3d Civils skills
What we offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
With expertise across a broad range of project types and scales, we guide projects as they move from initiation and scoping, to design and delivery. Our team offers integrated planning, design, technical and project management services to support developers to invest with confidence, streamline approvals and deliver projects that respect and enhance local communities.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Mindful that a truly inclusive organization must make appropriate use of talent on a global basis and without unnecessary barriers, we are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion principles in all People processes in order to be as diverse as the communities and clients we work with, thereby securing, developing, and retaining the best available talent for the company’s future.
Our approach to Diversity and inclusion
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work.
‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace:
‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.