about 1 year ago
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: Commensurate with experience
RSK Environment Ltd, a member of the RSK Group plc, includes a Materials & Structures department based in Hemel Hempstead that provides specialist inspection, surveying and investigation services into the built environment. The department also includes a UKAS-accredited materials-testing laboratory, which enables us to provide a full in house service for evaluating engineering properties and condition factors of construction materials and provide our clients with detailed assessment reports and guidance.
Our success is founded on the talent of our employees, so we recognise the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success.
Graduate Engineer (Structures) – Hemel Hempstead
* Planning and undertaking surveying, investigation, sampling and testing of structures and construction materials on sites across the UK and possibly overseas.
* Liaising with clients and preparing inspection/testing programmes.
* Working on projects to achieve time and cost budget targets.
* Analysing inspection and test data and preparing interpretative technical reports.
* Working as part of a team and supporting senior members of staff
* In addition to your normal duties, you may occasionally be required to undertake additional work necessary to meet the needs of the business, without additional remuneration.
* Civil Engineering Degree
* Working as part of a team is essential, assisting with the inspection and testing of bridges, buildings and other engineering structures
* Good maths, science and computer skills will be an advantage.
* Full UK driving licence.
Salary and benefits:
* £Commensurate with experience
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer