11 months ago
QinetiQ Target Systems (QTS) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of QinetiQ Group PLC specialising in the design and manufacture of a range of state of the art Unmanned Aerial and Surface Target systems including the world leading Banshee target. QTS targets are used to enable realistic weapons test and evaluation and operator training in over 40 countries worldwide with QTS providing a complete managed service in over 15 of these countries.
Job description/Person specification
We are currently seeking to recruit a Graduate Embedded Software Engineer to carry out embedded software design work on various customer and QTS projects relating to unmanned air vehicles, aerial targets, surface/marine targets and related technologies. In particular for the Avionics, ground station and other sub-systems operating on ARM based microcontrollers.
The role will involve:
The role involves:
• The designing, implementation and maintenance of real time systems using Embedded C
• The design, implementation and maintenance of test and support programs using Microsoft visual Studio.
• Software / Hardware integration & testing.
• Verification & Validation testing
• Telemetry analysis.
• Production and maintenance of design records in accordance with company procedures.
• Providing production support
• Providing support to Field Services and Trials activities.
We are looking for either a new or recent graduate with a Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or related degree. Supported by a team of experienced Software Engineers, you will be able to develop the skills to undertake the development of maintenance of real time systems using Embedded C by drawing on your project work completed as part of your course. Exposure to Embedded Software Development is desirable but not essential.
Working in a team of passionate and experienced Engineers, you will be comfortable handling a diverse portfolio of projects and assignments, able to adapt to ever changing requirements. A demonstrable interest in aviation is preferred.