7 months ago
Graduate Electrical Engineer
Electrical Engineers produce the designs of the electrical elements of Water/Wastewater projects, and plan, guide and supervise their installation and commissioning. This may include working in conjunction with, and/or checking the designs of external design consultant teams and sub-contractors, as well as internal EICA engineers. The electrical engineer role will include the task of identifying the applicable electrical standards and procedures (both internal and as required by clients) and liaising with clients to establish and clarify the details of design requirements and obtain approvals where necessary.
* Assist in determining the applicable design and installation standards and ensuring they are applied
* Cable Schedules, Block Diagrams, and Single Line Diagrams
* Assist the production of motor and actuator lists
* Assist the production of drive and load schedules
* Assist the production of hardwired interlock schedules
* Contributing to functional design specifications
* Assist FAT & SAT Testing of MCC and Control Panels
* Assist the inspection of electrical installations
* Issue of electrical certifications
* Report writing
* Degree in Electrical Engineer from a recognised institution or equivalent experience.
* Experience in the Water industry with particular emphasis on water & wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations, etc.
* Familiarity with site power distribution, cabling, pumps, DOL and start-delta drives, variable speed drives and the various types of motorised plant common within the water & wastewater industry.
* Familiarity with electrical circuit diagrams for distribution boards. MCCs, and instrumentation.
* The ability to use AutoCAD and Amtech software, and a working knowledge of SCADA & PLCs in relation to water industry would be beneficial.
* Excellent organisational skills and report writing experience with experience of relevant standards
* Ability to work efficiently in a team environment, and to manage clients
* Full clean Irish/EU Driver’s License
* Authorisation to work in Ireland