7 months ago
Job Title : Graduate Electrical Engineer
Location : Reading
Category : Building Services Engineering
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Negotiable - depnding on experience
Reference # : RG1242
Graduate Electrical Engineer
Are you looking to start or develop your career as an Electrical Engineer with a multi awarding winning property and construction consultancy where you will be challenged daily?
At Ridge and Partners, we offer client care and advice that very few, if any can match. The Building Services team fully embrace this philosophy by drawing on the vast amount of experience from across multiple sectors, designing, managing the installation, testing and commissioning new systems within existing and new buildings and infrastructure projects around the world.
And due to our continuing success; Ridge and Partners are now looking for a talented Graduate Electrical Engineer to join our team in Reading - Theale.
What you’ll be doing:
* Assisting with the preparation of outline design schemes
* Producing detailed design drawings and specifications for tender purposes
* Visiting site during the construction phase to monitor progress
* Ensuring services conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
* Production of Computer Aided Drawings under the direction of Engineers
* Assisting with the checking of documents and carry out detailed calculations
* Undertaking duties as indicated by Team Manager to obtain experience and training in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
What we need from you:
* BSc/MSc in a relevant engineering related subject
* 1–2 years’ experience in a similar role
* High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc)
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
* Proficient in AutoCAD.
As the Graduate Electrical Engineer, you will benefit from on the job learning experiences whilst working on prestigious projects from large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes. You will also work with interesting clients including, large retail companies, local authorities, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc.
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
* 25 days holiday plus study leave
* Private Healthcare
* Subscription, assessment and membership fees for relevant professional bodies
* A permanent contract from day one
* Life Assurance
* Pension: Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 580 people in ten offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 10th November 2018