about 1 year ago
Graduate EC&I Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-64420
Work Location :GB-Various locations
Department / Discipline : Electrical Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is delighted to announce that we are now accepting applications for our Nuclear Graduate Programme starting September 2020.
Our two-year structured programme has a diverse range of opportunities for curious, committed and open-minded people. If you bring the passion, energy and enthusiasm we are looking for, in return we can give you a variety of interesting and exciting projects to work on, with dedicated support every step of the way.
The deadline for applications is Friday 20th December 2020.
Key elements of the Graduate Programme:
Our nuclear programme is recognised as one of the best in our industry and is accredited with several professional science and engineering institutes.
It consists of two years’ accelerated development towards chartership, followed be a three-year career development phase. The programme is structured to provide you with the necessary skills and experience to become professionally registered.
For all graduates following our nuclear programme, we offer:
* On-the-job training, with opportunities to develop wider scientific and project delivery skills by working alongside experienced scientists
* A strong mentoring culture, with each graduate assigned a dedicated mentor, a graduate buddy and a line manager/ supervisor to ensure they are supported in their personal and professional development
* At least one UK rotation, with opportunities to work on customer sites as well as in our offices.
What are the essentials you need for the role?
* You must have a minimum 2:2 Bachelor’s degree in an Electrical, Control of Instrumentation related discipline. This can be a predicted grade if you are applying in your final year of study
* You must be prepared to work anywhere in the UK at any point in the scheme, with a number of rotations
* You must have experience of working in a customer facing environment (for example summer job/ placement)
* You must be a great communicator
* You must have the right to work in the UK before you apply for this position
What are we looking for?
Our graduates have ambition, vision and enthusiasm to drive their career forward. They are comfortable with managing multiple stakeholders and working in teams. Our graduates have strong verbal and written communication skills, and they are as comfortable engaging directly with our customers as they are working individually. Our graduates have a get up and go attitude and embrace opportunities to work in different locations on varied assignments.
In your application, we will be looking for evidence of:
* Enthusiasm, drive and a willingness to get involved
* High standard of written and spoken English
* A clear vision of your career ahead and that you are taking practical steps to achieve it
* Simplifying complex concepts and presenting them in an engaging way
* Project management, organisation and/or leadership skills whether in an academic or non-academic context
* The ability to manage your time and stakeholders in order to multi-task effectively
* Non-academic achievements will also be considered in our selection. Examples could be clubs you are a part of, volunteering, mentoring, sporting achievements or interesting hobbies and any other applicable work experience.
Skills / Qualifications
What do you get?
Here are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package;
* 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days per year
* Work life balance, with the opportunity for flexible working in all our permanent office locations, as well as a time off in lieu system
* Competitive pension scheme
* Competitive family friendly benefits including maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
* Flexible benefits with access to travel insurance, critical illness cover, dental benefit, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more
* Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions
* Strong local and national graduate network
* Annual events such as our graduate orientation event and 5-day residential team building and behaviours programme.
For our communities:
* We like to work with and alongside our communities and offer a matched funding community investment programme. This means that you can support causes and raise funds for charities that are really important to you and your local area – and the business will match fund whatever you raise
* We are strong advocates for change in STEM. We encourage our graduates to get involved with STEM programmes and careers fairs to ignite the next generation of clean energy enthusiasts.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people.
Wood Nuclear has been at the forefront of the nuclear industry for more than 60 years and are passionate about nuclear energy and its role in the modern world. Our reputation is founded upon the very best technical expertise and the reach to deliver this to projects across the world.
People are at the heart of our business; we work together to deliver the best outcome and we are united by our values of care, commitment and courage.
We are also passionate about diversity and inclusion. We are members of women in science and engineering (WISE), have signed up to the Armed Forces covenant and have trained mental health first aiders in all our nuclear offices and sites.
Wood Nuclear has offices in Glasgow, Newcastle, Cumbria, Cheshire (Warrington and Knutsford), Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Bristol, Oxford, Reading, London and Dorchester. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your application, a combination of our recruitment and technical teams will review your application.
If successful, you will be invited to one of our assessment centres.
IMPORTANT: Our assessment centres will be held in February 2020. Please make sure you can attend before you apply.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.