12 months ago
Graduate Development Programme 2019 Hydrology
Login to Save this vacancy
Job Location: Reading
Salary Details: Not Specified
Type of contract: Graduate Programme
Vacancy Reference: 435
Start your journey.Define your future.
PBA stands on the outskirts of convention and at the forefront of cutting edge consultancy, delivering trusted advice for over 50 years. Our graduates don’t conform to the ordinary – we design, we advise, we deliver and have a passion for what we practice. It’s that same approach to our clients that will help you succeed on our excellent Graduate Development Programme.
This is an invitation for you to to join us on an exciting journey. One where you can bring to life a diverse range of projects and work with leading clients.
The Hydrology team get involved in various tasks, including:
* River engineering and asset inspection,
* Flood protection schemes,
* River and lake restoration
* Drainage design
* QA control of projects
* Managing relationships with Clients
* Delivering concept and detailed design for projects
* EA Framework projects
Project work includes various development and flood risk projects, both for public and private sector clients.
To join our Graduate Development Programme you need to be passionate and ready to join a leading consultancy to help deliver our projects for our clients. A creative mind is key; you’ll need to demonstrate ‘outside the box’ thinking and innovation in your work to date.
You’ll preferably have a Master’s degree and have achieved/ be on target for a minimum 2:1/ Merit for your studies. We really value relevant work experience gained through previous placements, internships and work experience so make sure you tell us about this if you have it.
To be considered for a role within our Hydrology discipline you will need:
* Have a Graduate BEng or MEng in civil/ structural engineering.
* Ideally be conversant with engineering software and working knowledge of AutoCAD.
* Have excellent communication and written skills.
* You will be practical, creative and able to think outside the box.
* You are happy to work on your own as well as in the team
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your Professional Development
A vital part of your development at PBA is your progression from graduate to a recognised professional in your chosen discipline. We work with you to offer not just the projects and opportunities to ensure that this happens but also the mentoring and support that you need too. We have capability to offer progression through incorporation, chartership and recognition with institutions such as ICE, IStructE, CIWEM, CIHT, TPP and more.
We offer our Graduates a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus scheme, a matching contributory pension scheme, payment of one professional subscription, annual leave buy or sell and a flexible benefits package (including a flexible benefits allowance), which allows you to choose from a variety of flexible benefits including:
* Gym Membership
* Travel insurance
* Dental insurance
* Private Medical insurance
* Critical Illness and Life Assurance cover