8 months ago
Graduate Development Programme 2019 Environment
Login to Save this vacancy
Job Location: Nationwide
Salary Details: Not Specified
Type of contract: Graduate Programme
Vacancy Reference: 431
Start your journey.Define your future.
PBA stands on the outskirts of convention and at the forefront of cutting edge consultancy, delivering trusted advice for over 50 years. Our graduates don’t conform to the ordinary – we design, we advise, we deliver and have a passion for what we practice. It’s that same approach to our clients that will help you succeed on our excellent Graduate Development Programme.
This is an invitation for you to to join us on an exciting journey. One where you can bring to life a diverse range of projects and work with leading clients.
At PBA, we understand that development and infrastructure projects can have environmental effects that reach into the future. Our environmental consultants and engineers work alongside our planners and economists ensuring key environmental issues are identified at the earliest inception stage of a project. Our collaborative approach helps to shape high-quality schemes that optimise environmental outcomes, respond to client requirements and transform the communities where people live, work and play.
PBA boasts a highly skilled, diverse and award-winning Environment team, who provide advice on all aspects of the environment including:
* Environmental assessment and management– from due diligence, viability and project inception to implementation and monitoring
* Ground engineering - geotechnical, land contamination and hydrogeology.
* Flood risk and water management - flood risk assessment, drainage and coastal and river protection.
* Landscape – landscape, townscape and visual assessment, masterplanning advice, landscape design, integrated green infrastructure strategies
* Ecology –management of ecological risks, mitigation strategies, green infrastructure networks, biodiversity enhancement and natural capital assessment
* Air quality – assessments and low emission strategies, dust, odour assessments, emissions inventories, local air quality management
* Acoustics – acoustic design, noise monitoring and impact assessment, building acoustics, vibration, and construction management
* Energy and resources – energy strategy, sustainability, waste management, resource use, BREEAM/CEEQUAL assessment and compliance
* Communities – impacts on factors that affect people including changes to climate, health and wellbeing, waste and resources, and socio-economic opportunity.
PBA’s environmental consultancy advice successfully guides challenging and high profile development and infrastructure projects, including those relating to urban extensions, urban regeneration and renewal, major infrastructure, energy schemes, green infrastructure, as well as waste and minerals schemes.
Our journey of growth is set to exponentially accelerate with the recent announcement that we are joining forces with Stantec, a global consulting business, with a team of over 300 environmental consultants in the UK. This is a significant game changing move, with an increase in opportunity as we join forces, and maximise collaboration opportunities. Now is a great time to join our team as we move forward into our next stage of growth.
To join our Graduate Development Programme you need to be passionate and ready to join a leading consultancy to help deliver our projects for our clients. You will be creative, communicative and ambitious, and looking for a challenging role.
You’ll preferably have a Master’s degree and have achieved/ be on target for a minimum 2:1/ Merit for your studies. We really value relevant work experience gained through previous placements, internships and work experience so make sure you tell us about this if you have it.
To be considered for a role within our Environmental discipline you will need to:
* Have a Graduate BSc, BEng, or BA and preferably a MSc, MEng or MA in a relevant environmental discipline.
* Have excellent communication and written skills.
* Have a positive attitude and show initiative
* Be happy to work on your own as well part of our team
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
A vital part of your development at PBA is your progression from graduate to a recognised professional in your chosen discipline. We work with you to offer not just the projects and opportunities to ensure that this happens but also the mentoring and support that you need too. We have capability to offer progression through incorporation, chartership and recognition with institutions such as ICE, IStructE, CIWEM, CIHT, TPP and more.
We offer our Graduates a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus scheme, a matching contributory pension scheme, payment of one professional subscription, annual leave buy or sell and a flexible benefits package (including a flexible benefits allowance), which allows you to choose from a variety of flexible benefits including:
* Gym Membership
* Travel insurance
* Dental insurance
* Private Medical insurance
* Critical Illness and Life Assurance cover