10 months ago
Graduates, interns and placements are key to the overall success of CH2M. We invest in initial career experience of graduates, interns and apprentices through the summer internship and graduate development programme. This serves as the foundation to building our pipeline of future leaders.
Having recently joined together with CH2M, Jacobs now offer a world leading coastal team undertaking ports and coastal projects around the globe. Our goal is to be the best at what we do, and the preferred consultant for our clients. That requires the best people to be part of our team.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our coastal modelling team based in Warrington. With a strong portfolio of work including many high profile projects being delivered for a range of client types, our team is expanding.
Projects cover coasts and estuaries, ports and maritime infrastructure, from baseline studies, strategic planning and conceptual design through to business cases, detailed design and construction support. We offer a choice of management or technical career pathways which are equally recognized and supported by our career development framework.
Based in Warrington where the core coastal modelling team delivering on these projects are located, your primary focus will be on delivering projects to the highest technical standards. You will be benefit from working within a wider team of experts who will provide you with further mentoring and development opportunities to develop your skills and expertise to the highest levels.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
* M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in coastal engineering, applied mathematics or closely related physical sciences
* Competency in Matlab and basic GIS skills (ArcGIS or MapInfo)
Basic familiarity in applying industry standard software such as Mike 21/3 and Delft3
* Good understanding and basic familiarity with modelling at least three of the following: 1) Waves on beaches and ports/marinas; 2) Tidal, wind and wave driven hydrodynamics; 3) Sediment transport; 4) Shoreline/nearshore morphology and interaction with coastal and estuarine infrastructure; 5) Water quality on beaches and waterfront developments
* A genuine interest in, and passion for, the coastal and maritime sector, and contributing modelling solutions
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Ability to produce high quality technical writing for bid and project work
* Good interpersonal and collaboration skills and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
* High flexibility and self-motivation towards improving team and personal performance
* Can-do attitude to deliver innovative solutions to difficult challenges
If you are interested in applying to us for these roles please submit your application with an up-to-date resume.
Your CV/ Resume should be no more than one to two pages and should include (as a minimum) the following:
Your contact details (email ID, contact number, address)
Educational qualifications, including the grades you’ve received.
If you are an international student, please tell us about your grades, regardless of the form they take (percentages are welcome, as well as other types of grades – feel free to describe them so that we understand what they mean for you and your school)
Professional certifications (if any)
Any interesting projects or internships you’ve undertaken, and any other information that you think will help our team get to know you professionally