3 months ago
1. DESIGN THE FUTURE
If you join us, from day one you will be advising the organisations that build, own and maintain our critical infrastructure.
Your work will connect communities, enable sustainable economic growth and help make the world a safer place.
2. RESPONSIBILITY FROM DAY ONE
We are a medium sized consultancy so you won't get lost in the crowd. We empower our junior engineers to make important project decisions from an early stage in their career.
We specialise in solving complex engineering challenges so you will use your technical expertise to deliver the optimal solutions from day one.
Our focus on technical excellence means you will learn from engineers who are leaders in their field.
3. GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We want to help our people to be happy and healthy. We offer:
* 28 days holiday (plus bank and public holidays)
* Flexible working arrangements
* Gym membership
* Private health care
* Life assurance (4 x salary)
* Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
* Long service award of extra pension contributions paid for by the Company and one extra day's holiday after 5 years' service
* Professional membership fees paid for chartered engineers
* Employee ownership through COWI share programme
* Cycle to work scheme
4. PERSONALISED CAREER DEVELOPMENT
We tailor your professional development to the career path you choose.
Our engineers support each other on their journey to Chartership through our professional development communities.
We offer an accelerated career development programme, Accelerator, for our highest-performing employees.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* You will hold a Master's degree in Coastal / Marine Engineering and aspire to become a Chartered Engineer
* You will have gained some experience of working in a design environment (including a year in industry or summer placements)
* You will be familiar with either UK standards or equivalent European or Euro Codes
* You will possess an understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designers requirements
* You will have an understanding of the requirements regarding the risk assessment process
* You will have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
* You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Reporting to the Senior / Principal Engineer, you will be accountable for undertaking basic calculations of design work on marine and coastal engineering projects.
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the sector's foremost engineers, developing your career on technically challenging projects and receive on-going professional development so that you achieve your career ambitions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Production of engineering design and details in accordance with project requirements
* Preparation of calculations, written reports and checking of drawings
* Checking of design calculations and drawings done by other engineers
* Visits to site as required