4 months ago
Job Title: Graduate / Assistant Engineer
Reports to: Team Leader
Main Purpose of the Job
Pell Frischmann are recruiting Graduates and Assistant Engineers to support delivery of our Transport sector projects around the UK. We have opportunities in our highways and civil structures civil structures teams based in Wakefield. Initially you will assist in the delivery of civil structures and highway projects involving: bridge inspections, desk studies, bridge assessment and bridge design. Successful candidates will benefit from appropriate training and support for their professional development leading to their application for membership of a professional body.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Support project delivery in terms of scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
Prepare technical designs for checking and approval in accordance with approved design procedures, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods
Exercise engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
Utilise computer aided design systems, computer design software and other design aids, as required.
Comply with company business management systems and policies.
What Qualifications, Experience & Skills are; Essential or Preferred to be successful in the role? Examples to consider / add to below;
· Relevant Bachelors or Masters degree (Civil /Structural Engineering)
· Working towards incorporated or corporate membership of a professional institution
· 0 – 5 years in civil engineering industry
· Familiarity with Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
· Familiarity with BS5400 and Eurocodes
· IT literate
· Good communicator
· Understanding of structural behavior and appropriate analytical methods
· Good standard of verbal and written English
· CAD / BIM experience