5 months ago
Graduate Civil Engineer (Flood Risk)
Aug 24, 2019
Bradford-on-Avon, WILTS, GB, BA152AU
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 2813
Job Title : Graduate Civil Engineer (Flood Risk)
Business Unit Sector : PCL-WTR EMEIA
Work Location : UKBRADAVON
Opportunity Type : College full time
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project :
Black & Veatch is recruiting a Graduate Civil Engineer to join their Water Services team based in Bradford-On-Avon or Exeter. The team consults, delivers and manages Critical Human Infrastructure projects in the Water and Flood Risk Management sector. The candidate for this role should be motivated to gain their professional qualification within a few years. Successful applicants will be based in our office in Bradford-on-Avon or Exeter and projects will predominantly be across the south/north of England and Wales but may extend nationwide. The ability to travel to Client offices and project sites is essential.
As a Black & Veatch professional, you’ll be working on sustainable solutions to some of today’s biggest energy, water and communications challenges. We have more than 100 offices worldwide and projects in more than 100 countries. This means you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects all over the world. In addition we offer excellent benefits like:
Pension (8% employer contribution when employee contributes 5%)
Company funded life assurance
Company funded income protection
Company funded private medical insurance
Online benefits scheme offering a wide range of flexible benefits
Season ticket loan
Are you ready to Rise to the Challenge?
* Deliver packages of work within budget and work schedule to meet the Client’s requirements
* Understand project scope and identify contractual change
* Understand the customer’s basic and performance requirements
* Undertake feasibility assessments, optioneering, outline and detailed design
* Balance the workload of multiple projects
* Provide clear and concise deliverables appropriate for the intended audience
* Cooperate with the Engineering Manager, Project Manager and Regional Delivery Director.
Flexible working will be considered for this role.
* Degree in Civil Engineering from a university accredited by the ICE
* Good grades at A-Levels in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) subjects and/or Geography
* Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
* Motivated to work on flood and coastal risk management and water projects
* Experience of producing flood risk assessments would be advantageous
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work under time pressure and balance multiple priorities
* Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary high-performing team
* Creative and practical thinking
* The ability to design, plan and organise tasks
* Good problem solving skills and a desire to find solutions
* Proactive and methodical approach to problem solving as an individual and as part of a team
* Excellent attention to detail
* A high level of computer literacy – knowledge and ability to use AutoCad and GIS would be advantageous
* Be driven to develop and improve your technical skills and advance your career
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Civil Engineer, Engineer, Geology, Drafting, CAD, Engineering