10 months ago
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. We are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further. We are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on
training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
At JN Bentley we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and the rewards are shared. JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Civil engineering at JN Bentley is hands-on from day one. Managing; client, subcontractor and other stakeholder relationships, you will work closely alongside our design colleagues at Mott MacDonald. This provides you with the opportunity to apply plans and designs on sites that you have marked, levelled, and surveyed. You will assist us in maintaining a world-class safety culture by providing valuable input into health, safety, and environmental policies.
This will include assistance with inductions, challenging unsafe acts, attending training and complying with company safety rules. Other roles include; undertaking walkover assessments, preparing and compiling completion documents and managing construction design projects.
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a current turnover of £169 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 26% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1250 employees milestone for the very first time in 2017 and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 17,600 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
* Fantastic development scheme with chartership opportunities
* Excellent financial package including;
Income Protection & Life Assurance
* Wellbeing Package
* A Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
* Flexible start date
* Roles available throughout the UK
* A degree in a subject relevant to civil engineering, obtained within the last two years, plus a full UK driving license.
* A sound understanding of engineering practices and industry software such as 2D/3D CAD.
* Confidence, motivation, plus the ability to handle multiple tasks and problem-solve.
* Excellent commercial awareness
* A positive attitude with an ability to work well under pressure
* Strong organisational, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills