15 days ago
What is the purpose of this role?
To act as a Graduate Civil Engineer in the assessment of rail structures, ultimately supporting Network Rail in managing their stock of structures and bridges that keep trains moving in Britain.
* You will undertake work of a technical nature and work within a team to deliver structures assessments on time, within budget and to Network Rail, Highways Agency and other relevant standards.
* You will be required to assist the team in all relevant projects and activities to meet Amey and client objectives and needs.
* Working as part of a team, you will acquire a portfolio of technical knowledge and transferable skills that will give you a wide choice of careers options.
* You will have the opportunity to join Amey’s ICE approved training scheme, which will give you the support and opportunities to reach Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
What will this role involve?
The core works cover rail structures assessments for rail underline and overline bridges, footbridges, canopies, depots and station undercrofts to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards. Aspects of your role could involve;
* Preparation of technical assessment/design calculations, reports and drawings
* Preparation for and undertaking of site work to carry out inspection for assessments and inspection/examination of assets
* Assisting in the delivery of the requirements of allocated projects
* Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief and in accordance with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations relevant standards and HSEQ documentation
* Supporting the delivery of services on other contracts
* Helping maintain good working relationships with the Client and other interested parties
* Assisting with project planning, programming, cost control and administration
* Assist with responding to queries and liaising with Clients and other relevant stakeholders
* Reporting on programme delivery, resources and budgets
* Assisting in the implementation of effective, value for money and innovative solutions
* Building knowledge of industry best practice and where appropriate applying best practice and independent engineering judgement within the team environment
What are we looking for?
* Degree qualification to satisfy the current entry requirements for: Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE)
* Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite, with familiarity of AutoCAD and relevant engineering analysis software packages
* Good written and oral communication skills
* A proactive and collaborative team member, who can work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into a delivery team
* Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competence to enhance personal and team capabilities
* Ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meeting project deadline
* Enthusiasm and self-motivation to drive for continuous improvement
* Driving Licence – full, valid and clean
* Eligible to work and reside in the UK
* Personal Track Safety (PTS) AC/DC
* Environmental Awareness
What makes this role unique?
You will be involved in the assessment of historic rail structures, including some of the nation’s most iconic assets.
This role will form part of the Amey graduate programme. We have a strong culture of developing individuals to their full potential, and in supporting them via approved training agreements to reach technician, Incorporated Engineer and Chartered Engineer status, and beyond.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.