9 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Our Sky Network Services (SNS) team are core to our technical infrastructure and play an important part in our current and future success. Their focus is to deliver the highest quality broadband and telephony network, helping us offer the best broadband and voice products in the market.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
The Access Network Development Team is responsible for design, development, specification and evaluation of copper, fibre, wireless access technologies and the network infrastructure that supports them, ensuring that the full potential of such technologies can be realized by the company for deployment in its current and future Sky Broadband & Talk, Sky Mobile and Over the Top TV services.
- Develop and test new Sky CPE products (incl. DSL, fibre and wireless technologies)
- Support legacy devices by providing new features and bug fixes where required.
- Manage new firmware rollouts and firmware consistency across all devices.
- Work closely with our CPE vendors to develop new features, understand any issues and ensure timely fixes are available.
- Management of lab equipment and automation software to continually improve testing procedures and efficiency.
- Liaise with other parts of the business to proactively analyse trend data on CPE performance.
- Aspiration to work in the Communication Service Provider industry.
- Theory and knowledge of broadband technologies as used in the UK.
- Understanding of the types of services supported in a modern converged CSP network.
- Understanding of ADSL, VDSL, FTTC/H and associated diagnostics would be an advantage.
- Highly communicative, analytical and collaborative in your approach as well as working with flexibility and energy.
- Concepts of network communications protocols are highly desirable.
- Internet technologies (TCP/IP, FTP, Wi-Fi, Ethernet)
- Knowledge or experience in scripting and programming would be an advantage (example SQL, shell tools)
- Enthusiasm and a genuine interest in networks and technology.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better