about 1 month ago
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for an active & determined Global Manufacturing Engineer to join our team specializing in Manufacturing for our Power Systems Business Segment in Peterborough, UK. During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Working as part of the Power Systems Manufacturing engineering team, this placement will be actively involved with various aspects of manufacturing engineering, project management and operational support to the Cummins Power Systems sites.
* Helping to support challenging projects in Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Operations Excellence, Engine and Generator Testing, Simulation Modelling
* Liaising with multiple departments and global plants, to support and lead various improvement projects.
* Responsibility for leading small projects within or on behalf of the Global manufacturing team.
* Work on improving team collaboration and communication using tools such as Microsoft Teams
* Research into new technologies and help implement improvements for manufacturing plants.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* Currently studying a University degree in either Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and not graduating this academic year.
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Assembly and Industry 4.0, Project Management, MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
* Experience in Team working, Problem solving, Effective Communication & Presentation skills
* As part of your CV application please add a Cover letter explaining your motivation to join our team.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
EVERY EMPLOYEE, EVERY COMMUNITY
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Cambridgeshire-UK, Peterborough, EMEA Cummins Generator Tech
Job Type Internship
Recruitment Job Type Student - Internship
Job Posting Oct 19, 2020, 2:36:31 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 200001OI