3 months ago
Career Opportunities: Geotechnical Technical Director, for COWI in UK (32047)
Req ID 32047 - Posted 03/06/2020 - United Kingdom - General - Posting Location (1)
Job Description Print Preview
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Do you want to join one of the UK's leading design consultancies Can you add to our success, whilst also developing your career and reputation Are you a Chartered Structural or Civil Engineer (C.Eng) Then join us in designing the future.
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL's TEAM IN DERBY
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the UK team, you will support local and international projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, hydro, and more.
You will be joined by hundreds of skilled experts, collaborating over the entire lifecycle of a project – from idea, concept and design, to operation and maintenance within our portfolio of tunnels & underground structures, bridges, complex structures, ground engineering and reclamation projects.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
In this position, you will join our team of experts and work on some of the UK's most complex and challenging projects. Your role in our team will be to provide technical delivery on projects, business development, bids / tenders, client liaison and leading a small team of engineers involved on a variety geotechnical designs for tunnelling, structural and civil engineering projects. You will act as the leader for all technical elements, giving advice to the client and their representatives whilst also overseeing, reviewing and approving designs and monitoring progress.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
* Leadership and management of a small team of geotechnical engineers including the management and coordination of projects from feasibility to detailed design and site supervision where required
* Ensuring that design, assessments and checking of designs are in accordance with the current Standards and Codes of Practice
* Approval of designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures
* Managing coordination of work undertaken by external sub-contractors and design checkers
* Liaising with clients including maximising business development opportunities where possible
* Preparation of bids and tenders when required
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and realise your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be a team player with excellent communications skills.
Furthermore, you shall:
* Hold a chartered status (CEng) and be experienced in the CRE role
* Possess extensive experience of geotechnical engineering working within a consulting environment ideally on tunnelling, underground structures projects, rail projects & highways schemes in the UK
* Have high level technical skills in the application of soil mechanics / rock mechanics, rock mass behaviour / groundwater behaviour and soil / structure interaction to: shafts / excavations / hard & soft ground tunnels / foundations / slope stability and slope remediation / retaining wall analysis and design. You will also be familiar with finite element analysis.
* Have the ability to manage a portfolio of small projects and interface with other disciplines
* Be an accomplished team leader, business developer with the ability to support, mentor and develop less experienced engineers.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Please call our Talent Acquisition Manager, David Haynes on tel. +
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
*Your email address:
*Your friend’s email address:
*Confirm you are not a robot:
Powered by SuccessFactors