about 1 year ago
Geotechnical Design Engineer – Ashford
Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting a Geotechnical Design Engineer to join a growing civil, structural and geotechnical team in its Ashford (Kent) Office. The candidate will need to have a strong design background and be able to work within a team environment, supporting the design delivery of existing projects.
Dependent on experience.
Benefits we offer
Private medical and travel insurance, 7% non-contributory pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, childcare vouchers, opt to buy or sell up to ten days holiday annually, income protection insurance.
* Design of the geotechnical elements across a wide range of infrastructure projects in our rail, marine and highways business sectors
* Prepare geotechnical calculations, drawings, geotechnical reports and specifications to Eurocode 7
* Specify and/or manage geotechnical investigation work, interpret ground investigation data, derive geotechnical parameters and ground models for design
* Assist in preparing geotechnical proposals and fee budgets
* Visit sites for geotechnical investigations and inspections
* Identify and manage geotechnical risks
* Comply with Company Health & Safety procedures, Quality Assurance/Environmental Management system procedures and documentation, CDM Regulations and general legislation
* Provide support to the Quality Manager by participating in training, audits and providing feedback
* Co-ordinate with engineers between Tony Gee offices and groups in the delivery of projects
Skills and Experience
* Require MEng/BEng in Civil Engineering, preferably with an MSc in Geotechnical Engineering
* Require demonstrable commitment to membership of a relevant professional institution preferably nearing chartered status
* Prefer a minimum of 3 years post-graduation work experience in Geotechnical Design to current UK standards and Eurocode
* Design experience in nearshore/marine geotechnical environment would be a key advantage
* Require experience in the use of typical geotechnical design software and, preferably knowledge and experience with Plaxis or similar finite element software
* Willing to travel for short periods to other Tony Gee offices and for site visits
To register your interest, email your CV to Careers quoting L-E5-GEO-0616. If you are applying for more than one position please include all applicable job references in one email.
Alternatively, please send your fully detailed CV to:
Tony Gee and Partners LLP
140 High Street