4 months ago
Title : Geotechnical Associate Director / Technical Director
Requisition ID :2018-26896
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Geotechnical
Additional Work Location : GB-Berkshire-Reading
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions has a fantastic opportunity for a highly skilled Geotechnical Associate Director or Technical Director to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high caliber of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. We are involved in many key projects of regional and national significance, which we deliver alongside our core UK and global framework projects.
In this role, you will provide technical direction to a portfolio of geotechnical work from inception through to design and construction for a diverse range of internal business sectors and clients. Your role will involve promoting technical excellence and developing our established geotechnical team through further growth.
This role could be based in our Reading, Newcastle, London or Leamington Spa offices, although other locations may be considered for the right candidate.
* Assume responsibility for a portfolio of projects for diverse internal and external clients.
* Preparation of winning proposals through clear understanding of Clients’ requirements, identification of scope and assessment of level of effort and tools needed for successful delivery.
* Provide technical reviews for all stages of proposals and projects.
* Manage and guide teams to complete technical tasks through implementation of best practice for project delivery.
* Support project delivery teams to meet our client’s needs and maintaining sound financial, commercial and programme management and control.
* Promote development of expertise through seeking innovative technical solutions and initiatives and encouraging participation.
* Support the professional development of less experienced staff by mentoring.
* Implementing and maintaining quality control and developing team and skill growth.
* Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree in civil engineering, engineering geology or other related disciplines.
* A higher degree in geotechnical engineering, or similar, is desirable.
* Chartered Engineer status with strong post-chartered experience in geotechnical aspects of infrastructure and other construction sectors;
* Significant post-graduation experience in the field of geotechnical engineering.
* Practical experience in scoping, procuring and interpreting medium to large scale ground investigations.
* Expertise to achieve development of robust, cost effective designs and assessment using most up-to-date practices.
* Experience covering a varied range of geotechnical assessment and design such as slope stability, earth retaining wall structures, foundations, earthworks, tunnels and underground structures, site formation and ground improvement works etc.
* Extensive experience in geotechnical design, support during construction and project management.
* Experience and knowledge of using 2-D and 3-D software for modelling complex situations and interpretation of results.
* Proven track record of successfully delivering projects in a consultancy environment;
* Experience of working in multi-disciplinary team environment.
Skills / Attributes
* Good interpersonal skills and being a team player who can inspire others to achieve project goals through combined team effort and synergy;
* Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of role.
* Flexibility to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
* A full UK driving licence is required.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.