3 months ago
Geospatial Data Scientist (LON0000QJ)
: United Kingdom-London-London
: Applied Digital Strategies
Geospatial Data Scientist - London
We are seeking to recruit a technically strong Spatial Data Scientist who understands the challenges of GIS and data delivery, remote sensing and analytics on projects of all scales. A key role will be the automation of GIS workflows, the implementation of numerical models and the development of new applications. The position will be part of the Digital Insight team, with many opportunities to get involved in many other aspects of Arup’s Digital business.
Working within an expanding team in London and liaising with colleagues across Western and Northern England, acting as a geospatial or remote sensing specialist on projects across sectors and scales. The core of the roll will be as a Spatial Data Scientist delivering the full suite of geospatial solutions as and when required by internal and external clients, from simple cartography through to full enterprise solutions. There will be a focus on application development and building of numerical models.
Requirements and Skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• Highly experienced in the automation of GIS workflows and geospatial application development in an proprietary and open source environment
• Comprehensive spatial thinking with the ability to adapt and apply knowledge to new situations and challenges
• Highly experienced in the use of geospatial software and tools (QGIS, ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, Postgres, PostGIS,…)
• Experience in data analytics and statistical modelling applied in a spatial environment
• Intermediate to advanced programming skills in python (arcpy, gdal, geopandas, pandas, scikit-learn,..) and/or R
• Data schema modelling, database design and management expertise and writing SQL queries within RDBMS
• Experience with conversion and handling of a variety of 2D & 3D spatial, CAD and survey data formats including GIS, CAD, IFC, LiDAR (LAS), CSV, XML variants
• Expertise in the use of web mapping software and its configuration
• Remote Sensing
• Masters in GIS, Geoinformatics, Computer Science or Masters qualified in engineering or scientific related subject to civil infrastructure
Desirable skills and knowledge:
• Practical experience of working in a Common Data Environment for collaborative information sharing and modelling
• Experience of managing ArcGIS for Enterprise (ArcGIS Server, Portal, Enterprise Geodatabase, ArcGIS Online)
• Data security expertise and/or awareness.
• Understanding of cloud concepts and SaaS
• Understanding of BS/PAS1192 suite of information management process and quality assurance procedures
• Experience of working within large multidisciplinary projects and/or infrastructure clients
• Any form of project management training (PRINCE2, APM etc.)
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Shape your time with us
How can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Reward and Benefits
We offer one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to complement your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
The vacancy is being managed by Jamie Harris - email@example.com
Closing date: 22.03.2019