7 months ago
The Geosciences division within RSK Group Ltd is one of the UK’s largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies. In addition, it can call on further related resources through RSK Group owning Structural Soils Ltd, the 200-strong site investigation and drilling contracting company. The company now has a number of exciting opportunities for Geo-environmental/Geotechnical Engineers to join the growing teams across the UK. Working alongside an experienced team you will get involved with a vast array of development projects.
The company has a wide portfolio of clients in a number of sectors including rail, transport, water and property.
Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference. In the rail sector, we have developed a strong philosophy of collaborative working within alliances and other project teams, together with implementing innovative systems and techniques to drive environmental excellence and wider project efficiency.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
Geo-environmental/Geotechnical Engineer – Wakefield, West Yorkshire
A Consultant Geo-environmental Engineer/Scientist is responsible for undertaking project investigations with both a geotechnical and an environmental content as directed by the Project Manager – seeing the Project through from commencement to completion. All Project work must be carried out with due diligence, adhered to by the RSK procedures & completed within the given cost budgets and time scales agreed. Good communication is required to inform/liaise with the client periodically with updates & any issues raised. It is expected that Consultant grade staff should be self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, and work well within a team environment.
* Undertaking Preliminary Risk Assessments (Phase 1 Desk Studies) and intrusive site investigations for environmental and/or geotechnical purposes in line with national standards and codes of practice.
* Managing fieldwork activities and subcontractors
* Undertaking Project Management duties and resolving any technical issues
* Writing factual and/or interpretative reports
* Preparing health and safety documentation, booking subcontractors and scheduling soil and water samples for analytical and geotechnical testing
* BSc degree level qualified in Geology or a related subject essential
* Knowledge of contaminated land and planning legislation would be an advantage
* Experience of undertaking ground investigation for geotechnical purposes
* Able to demonstrate knowledge/experience in the field of geotechnics/engineering geology, including an appreciation of the impact of Eurocode 7
* Experience of working with geotechnical databases and other geotechnical software preferable
* Experience of preparing and assisting with interpretative reports for geotechnical purposes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual
* Candidates must be willing to spend a significant amount of their working day out on site and away from home.
* Full UK driving licence.
Salary and benefits:
* £depending on experience
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
* We encourage Continuing Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates through the Pathway to Chartership.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies and ranked first for contaminated land and remediation consultancy (Environmental Analyst, December 2017), and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.