5 months ago
We have an opportunity for a geo-environmental engineer to join our exceptional national geo division, based out of Northamptonshire (NN6 8LD), initially on a 3 month fixed term contract.
Hydrock is an independently owned multidisciplinary consultancy, of circa 500 staff, operating out of 16 offices. It is one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of wellbeing (note our recent Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at the NCE100). We believe part of our success is looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment. Our values include having fun, giving something back and our families coming first- check out all 10 here (and don’t miss the Challenge Day video on the same page!).
Our Northamptonshire office looks out onto open countryside and is largely open plan, accommodating 26 staff. There is plenty of onsite car parking and we are easy to reach from a number of regional arterial roads. We deliver a diverse range of projects to a wide variety of clients out of this office, providing an interesting variety of work. Your role will include considerable site work and at the time of writing your desk-based work will be delivered from home.
Geo is one of our core disciplines at Hydrock. It is where we came from (both the CEO and MD have a ‘geo background’) and it accounts for around 30% of our business today.
To provide geo-environmental and/or geotechnical advice. In brief, the work includes the delivery of geo-environmental and/or geotechnical services including, but not limited to, design and management of site investigations (including on-site supervision, logging and sampling); interpretative report writing; qualitative and quantitative risk assessment.
The role includes working as part of integrated project teams of environmental, geo-environmental and geotechnical specialists and an understanding of related disciplines (civils, structural and remediation), will be required.
The attributes we expect you to bring to the role and company:
* A BSc, BEng or higher qualification in a relevant subject (geology, civil engineering, environmental science etc) and typically between 2-4 years relevant work experience.
* Ideally at least 3 years of GI experience.
* Good working knowledge of relevant and up to date British Standards (e.g. BS-EN 5930), Industry Guidance (e.g. EA LC:RM) and NHBC Standards.
* Supervision, reporting and management of geo-environmental and/or geotechnical assignments.
* Monitoring of gas and groundwater levels and groundwater sampling.
* Liaise with Sub Contractors and clients assisting in the delivery of projects
* Writing draft reports.
* Good understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
* Self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
* A proactive and independent thinker with an enthusiastic approach to work.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
What can you expect?
Inspired and motivated colleagues. A good team, office and employer. The potential for a permanent employment contract and all the associated benefits.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.