about 1 year ago
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £ commensurate with experience
The Geosciences team within RSK Group is one of the UK’s largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies with ambitious plans for growth in the future. The Geosciences team provides consultancy and design services to a range of external clients including engineers, house-builders, oil companies and local authorities. Our current workload includes major infrastructure projects, housing developments, landfills and commercial warehouses.
RSK is currently recruiting for a Senior or Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer to join our well-established and experienced Geosciences consultancy team in our Hemel Hempstead office. RSK prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and allowing employees to reach their full potential.
Geo-Environmental Engineer - Hemel Hempstead
A Geo-Environmental Engineer responsible for participating in site investigations for both geotechnical and environmental content, seeing the project through from commencement to completion. All project work to be carried out adhering to RSK Group procedures and completed within budget and timescale. Good communication skills needed plus financial management experience. The candidate must work well within a team environment and be self-motivated.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with projects in the southeast of England (but could be in other areas of the UK) as directed by the Team Leader or other project staff. More specifically you will be:
* Participating in a variety of geo-environmental projects for both external clients and for other teams within RSK;
* Assisting with ground investigations and desk studies;
* Soil logging to current UK standards, including laboratory scheduling;
* Experience of soil sampling plus water monitoring/sampling;
* Writing factual and interpretative reports;
* Geotechnical reporting requirements beneficial;
* Knowledge of contaminated land legislation and reporting requirements;
* Preparing factual site investigation data;
* Travel to other offices and sites within the UK (as needed).
These particular roles would be suitable for applicants who are looking develop their career to the next stage. Critically you will understand the importance of building strong working relationships by delivering a successful service on time and within budget.
* BSc or equivalent in Geology, Environmental Science or similar;
* MSc desirable but not essential;
* Working towards Chartered status with a relevant institution;
* Typically requires at least 2-5 years specific relevant experience;
* An understanding of geology, ground investigation works, contaminated land, geotechnics;
* Basic knowledge of planning legislation;
* Experience of site inspections and reporting, preferably on residential developments;
* Able to complete factual and interpretative assessments to a basic level;
* Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy;
* Track record in managing time and resources effectively and within budget.
Salary and benefits
* £ commensurate with experience;
* Contributory Pension Scheme;
* Free life assurance cover;
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, and private health care;
·We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.