7 months ago
Geo Environmental Engineer
We are looking for a Geo-Environmental Engineer to join our Wales and South West team based in Cardiff. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an established and growing regional team, part of WYG’s 100 strong and expanding national geo-environmental resource.
We provide ground investigation and geo-environmental consultancy services for a broad range of private and public sector clients in the development, health, education, defence and infrastructure sectors. Your main duties and responsibilities will be to assist with the design, procurement, supervision and management of geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigations. This will include liaison with clients and subcontractors and all aspects of site management in a broad variety of settings for a diverse client base.
You will become a member of a busy team delivering focused solutions for our growing key client base, with emphasis on technical excellence, client care and effective project management. You will be working alongside other land contamination, environmental due diligence, ground investigation, groundwater and geo-technical specialists to deliver holistic solutions to clients’ needs in these areas. Additionally, you will collaborate with geo-environmental teams in other offices and with other specialists in the planning, environment and engineering teams.
Key attributes required for the position are sound technical knowledge, enthusiasm, self-motivation and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The role will require travel, principally within Wales and the Southwest region but there may also be occasional requirements to support other regional offices within the UK.
You will hold a degree in geology, engineering geology, hydrogeology or relevant environmental science discipline. Whilst not essential, it would be beneficial for you to have a post graduate qualification such as a Master’s degree. You should also be working towards Chartership with a relevant body, such as CIWEM IEMA or Geo Soc.
* You must have experience of ground investigation, including scoping, set-up, supervision, laboratory scheduling, groundwater and ground gas monitoring and factual reporting.
* Whilst not essential for the role, the skills and knowledge to interpret geotechnical data and/or undertake generic risk assessment would also be an advantage.
* You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fully IT literate as you will be required to write clear, concise and technically robust reports.
* You must have a good understanding of health, safety and environmental management, as applied to ground investigation.
* You must have a full, preferably clean, driving license.
* You will be a team player with strong social, interpersonal and communication skills.