9 months ago
About the Role
Due to our increasing market presence, from the completion of a number of successful projects and commissions, we are seeking a motivated and ambitious Geo-environmental Consultant to join our growing Southern Regional team.
Our Ground Risk & Remediation division delivers site investigation, contaminated land assessment and remediation services across a diverse range of projects within the financial, development, infrastructure and industrial sectors.
The core activities will involve planning and implementing field work and management and interpretation of geo-environmental data. In addition the candidate will lead production of interpretative site investigation reports, and input to environmental risk assessment and remediation strategies. There is potential for involvement in Environmental Impact assessments, quantitative risk assessments or remediation management dependent on skill set and interests.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the day-to-day delivery of projects working closely with and being supported by team members, Project Managers and Directors.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A background in environmental geo-science and/or site investigation and you would like to further develop your technical consultancy skills in the contaminated land sector.
* Post-graduate experience of undertaking site investigation, groundwater and ground gas monitoring, sample collection activities, supervision of contractors, and Phase 1 and Phase 2 contaminated land risk assessment and reporting.
* A degree in the following or associated science/engineering disciplines is required: Geology, Environmental Science, Environmental Geoscience, Applied Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering
* Prepared to travel and undertake periods of field work
* Enthusiastic, practically minded, confident and self-motivated, able to remain calm and focused under pressure.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to organise and analyse technical data.
* An understanding of importance of prioritising safety, health and environmental issues
* A full UK driving licence is essential
* A post-graduate qualification would be advantageous
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,000 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 36,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.