7 months ago
WYG is are recruiting for talented and motivated candidates who want to develop their career with a global consultancy, working on challenging, interesting and innovative projects.
We’re specifically looking for a Geo-environmental Consultant to join our Geo-environment team in Manchester which consists of Ground Investigation Engineers, Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Consultants.
You must have a geoscience or environmental science degree and potentially a second degree in geo-engineering / contaminated land areas. You will be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in this field and ideally have work experience in this discipline. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects including large scale, awarding winning, brownfield redevelopment sites.
Our team of experienced Consultants will offer mentoring and the opportunity to progress to professional chartership following a formal chartership training scheme. We tailor your training and development accordingly to achieve your own personal goals, providing the specific support you need to reach your potential.
Your responsibilities and role will predominantly be in the brownfield redevelopment sector. You’ll need to combine ambition, insight and confidence with a commitment to giving clients the very best solutions and to enthusiastically develop your own skills.
Duties will include:
* Undertaking desk top studies and site walkover inspections;
* Supervising and managing small to medium scale intrusive site investigations;
* Costing and procuring of work from sub-contractors;
* Assisting senior members of the team with tendering works and cost control;
* Soil and rock logging and sampling;
* Scheduling of geotechnical and environmental laboratory analysis;
* Groundwater and ground gas monitoring;
* Preparation of health and safety documentation including risk assessments and method statements;
* Production of factual desk studies and site investigation reports;;
* Production of geotechnical and/or contamination interpretative reports ;
* Liaison with client and other staff within WYG; and
* Develop relationships with existing clients and explore opportunities for new ones.
This opportunity would suit a highly organised, motivated and enthusiastic geo-environmental professional keen to learn and develop experience in site investigation, contaminated land assessment and engineering geology.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* First degree in geology, environmental science, earth sciences, environmental engineering or similar;
* High level of motivation and a desire to learn;
* Strong interpersonal & team working skills;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Full UK Driving License;
* You must be eligible to work within the UK;
* Strong interpersonal / team working skills, with a good working relationship with all levels of the organisation, clients and contractors;
* Familiarity with relevant software packages such as MS Project, Word, Excel etc; and,
* The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English
* Experience in site investigation including soil and rock logging and gas and groundwater sampling and monitoring and/or in contaminated land and engineering geological assessments,
* IOSH Safe Supervisor course or equivalent, CAT scan course First Aid and CSCS qualifications.