9 months ago
RPS is looking for an experienced geo-environmental professional to work within our team providing support and assistance across a range of projects across a wide range of sectors including industrial, infrastructure, residential and commercial sectors.
In the role you will be an integral part of the team delivering contaminated land studies, site investigations and ground engineering projects to support the growth of the business.
You will work in the Site Investigation and Remediation Team in either our Bristol or Cardiff or Birmingham offices on a range of projects in the UK and the role will include the following duties:-
• Undertaking site reconnaissance visits and desk studies
• Managing and undertaking geo-environmental intrusive investigations including drilling rigs, excavations, logging, soils sampling etc.
• Undertaking groundwater and gas monitoring programmes
• Organising ground investigations and procuring drilling contractor and laboratory services
• Logging / characterisation of soils and rocks to BS5930, BS 14688, BS14689 and BS22476
• Preparing safety documentation to support ground investigation activities
• Factual Reporting and data management
• Preparation of interpretative reports and risk assessment including Desk Top Studies and Site Investigation Reports
• Support remediation design and implementation including site supervision
• General geo-environmental consultancy support
• Prepare proposals with support from senior staff
There may be occasional travel outside the UK on occasion and a driving licence is essential.
The skills/experience you will need are:
• Degree level BSc / BEng in Earth Sciences related or geo environmental discipline
• MSc in ground engineering or contaminated land related discipline
• Flexibility in working away from home and working hours
• Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex subjects clearly
• Active management of CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
• Knowledge of site investigations, ground engineering and contaminated land projects
• Experience of delivering the key duties as identified within a consultancy or contractor environment
What we will give you:
With an enviable client list, and the highest calibre multi-disciplinary back up team, we can offer unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career. Our benefits include: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group disability scheme, Share incentive scheme, Life assurance, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare vouchers, Health screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Membership
To apply, simply send a CV and covering letter via the Apply button above