19 days ago
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Quarry Operative to join our friendly team at Block Fenn Sand and Gravel Quarry in Ely.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful candidate, you will be a part of the Quarry Operative team which produces sand and gravel for the construction industry. You will be responsible for:
* General housekeeping
* Operating a loading shovel on site
* Operational on-site duties as per instruction of line manager
* Adhering at all times to on-site Health and Safety policies and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will ideally have experience within a similar working environment. You will also:
* Have a willingness to learn
* Have experience of operating a Shovel Loader and possess relevant ticket
* Have effective communication and organisational skills
* Be able to meet deadlines/tasks set by line manager
* Be flexible in working approach
* Work effectively as part of a team and independently
* Be motivated
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
* Training and development opportunities