10 months ago
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a General Foreman with extensive civils experience to join our Regional team in the Greater London area.
* To construct and deliver the allocated section of work within a specified time frame with correctly allocated resources.
* To optimise outputs and reduce the need for overtime working.
* Read, understand and explain drawing specifications.
* Ensure safety compliances and promote safe working practices.
* Monitor construction activity on site to prescribed quality standards.
* To focus on waste reduction.
* Deliver the assigned works within assigned timelines with available resources.
* Coordinate construction activities between gangs of all trades.
* Ensure compliance with the site construction programme.
* Identify technical variations in consultation with site management team.
* Conduct daily safety inspection of all works within site.
* Maintain high standards of housekeeping on site.
* Organise the correct and safe deployment of any plant and equipment allocated to the work area and ensure proper utilisation.
* Maintain on-site administrative systems to ensure company Business Management Systems are adhered to.
* Monitor progress of works against programme.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Experience of working within the civil engineering industry for a main contractor (essential).
* Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe and efficient projects on time.
* Team player
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to use initiative
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to lead and motivate a team
* Logical and organised
* Full UK driving licence
* Valid CSCS card
This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression. We offer an attractive salary with benefits which include a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays).
Dawnus is an Equal Opportunities Employer