20 days ago
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services. We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on. Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
What will the role involve?
• To work in a team to provide general maintenance tasks and support tradespeople on site.
• Provide a professional assistance service to those requesting support.
• Complete tasks associated with DIY such as hanging notice board, building furniture, repair of items around the prison.
• Checking appliances, fittings and general environment are in good working order and all defects reported to Team Leader.
• General good housekeeping, including litter picking around the grounds if required.
• All other FM duties as required directed by team manager.
What are we looking for?
• Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview.
• Solid experience in DIY/ general building maintenance.
• Technical knowledge and qualifications are desirable.
• IT skills.
• A professional customer/client focussed approach to service delivery.
• Able to demonstrate a committed, flexible and enthusiastic approach to varying duties.
• Ability to follow and adhere to instructions and relevant safety policies and procedures.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• COSHH training.
• Full UK driving licence.
What makes this role unique?
This is a great opportunity work in a secure MOJ environment and be a part of our successful and growing business.