7 months ago
AutoReq ID 135121BR
Job Title GCT Tax Senior Manager (Digital Transformation)
Country United Kingdom
Service Line Global Comp and Trans
Service Line Information KPMG's Global Compliance & Transformation practice is an exciting key area of growth within the firm and is a national team which works with clients to manage their tax (Corporate and Indirect) and statutory obligations across their business, which is increasingly key in today’s challenging environment. Services are provided to a broad range of clients across all sectors from the largest FTSEs or inbounds to mid-market companies and include Global Compliance Management Services, Audit and Accounting Related Tax Services, Tax Transformation, Governance and Process Improvement, Outsourcing and Business Technology, as well as other exciting priority areas for our clients. The Practice operates strategically over four cross-functional business areas including Operational Excellence, Digital Transformation, Tax Technology and Tax Enablement, leveraging the depth and breadth of skills to boost the capability of the GCT as a priority service line.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG's Compliance & Transformation practice is an exciting key area of growth within the firm and is a national team which works with clients to manage their tax (Corporate and Indirect) and statutory obligations across their business, which is increasingly key in today’s challenging environment. Services are provided to a broad range of clients across all sectors from the largest FTSEs or inbounds to mid-market companies and include Global Compliance Management Services, Audit and Accounting Related Tax Services, Tax Transformation, Governance and Process Improvement, Outsourcing and Business Technology, as well as other exciting priority areas for our clients.
Global Compliance and Transformation - Digital Transformation
- Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
- Provide compelling and well-thought-out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
- Developing and maintaining client relationships across a portfolio of clients;
- Reviewing client’s issues and challenges around their tax processes, helping them to articulate the key areas of potential improvement
- Reviewing financial and tax processes to understand improvement areas and defining how tax integrates into each step of the process
- Reviewing tax business and functional requirements to assess which solutions can help meet those requirements
- Helping clients define an end to end tax process, technology and organisation strategy to become more effective and efficient
- Leading the implementation of tax technology solutions across indirect and direct taxes
- Project managing and ensuring stakeholders are kept abreast of status and progress
- Helping clients to drive efficiency through the compliance process, improving controls, and leveraging technology;
- Supporting on sales activities by working with more senior members of the team to generate additional work opportunities for both existing clients and targets, supporting proposals and propositions across functions, sectors and accounts;
- Supporting with the mentorship and development of junior members of staff.
- Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
- Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
- Develops a sense of self belief and confidence in others
- Seeks to understand others motivations
- Supports others to make brave decisions
You will have some of the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- ACA or CTA qualified (preferred but not essential)
- Strong experience with tax compliance and reporting processes, across indirect and/or direct taxes and a deep understanding of the UK or another European tax regime
- Deep knowledge of or experience implementing tax technology solutions in one or more of the following areas: tax compliance tools, tax determination engines, reporting solutions and supporting technologies such as workflow management
- Significant experience with implementing or advising on tax sensitisation in ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle and/or strong knowledge of how tax may integrate to those solutions
- Experience with tax data analytics and key metrics
- Knowledge of key financial processes
- Extensive project management/co-ordination skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong oral and written communication skills. Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear;
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work. Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work;
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Tax, Accounting, Consulting, Database, ERP, Finance, Technology