18 days ago
Competitive salary and benefits
23 days holiday plus bank holidays, company uniform, pension plan, accident cover, life assurance, company van (work use only), training and development, funded professional subscription, share save, Work Perks discount and offer scheme, extensive wellbeing benefits and resources including online advice, guides, counselling support, 24hr digital GP, cycle to work, paid voluntary work, enhanced family polices and we will accommodate requests for flexible working where possible.
About the Company
Morgan Sindall Property Services provide integrated asset management for housing associations and local authorities, focusing on improving the living conditions of residents and leaving a lasting legacy in the communities we serve. Our services include, responsive repairs, void refurbishments, compliancy services and planned maintenance works.
Using data, we provide actionable insights for our clients, helping to inform investment decisions, improve customer experience, identify vulnerabilities in communities (e.g. domestic abuse) and protect the environment. Collaborating with our partners, we find solutions to support and deliver projects to the highest quality and standards.
With over 800 employees, we focus on a culture which puts people at the core of everything we do, encourages innovative thinking and always puts our customer first.
About the Role
Working to deliver highest quality service to carry out a variety of technical services tasks. Working efficiently and safely in line with best practice to achieve excellent quality and customer service. This role may operate across multiple contracts.
* To work individually or as part of a team undertaking high quality gas servicing, repairs or installations.
* To comply with gas safety standards and company standards of work performance, ensuring implementation and compliance within gas policies and procedures.
* Ensure implementation and compliance with company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
* To undertake a continual programme of Risk Assessment in relation to your role.
* Attend training as and when required to continue your development in the role and comply with changes within the gas industry.
* Attend Team Briefs, Toolbox Talks and Technical Bulletins on a monthly basis or as and when required.
* Utilise both electronic and paper based systems to accurately record gas documentation including the use of labour and materials against each job.
* To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
* To mentor apprentices as and when required.
* The post holder may be required to perform duties, appropriate to the post, other than those given in the job specification.
* You will be expected to carry out servicing including the issuing of LGSR’s, repairs and installations to the highest of standards.
* Liaise with tenants, clients and members of our supply chain
* Maintain van stocks and provide information enabling the improvements of first time fixes for the area you work within.
* Be flexible and willing to work overtime to cover workloads during busy periods.
* Cover out of hours on a rota basis
* Completing the task given right first time, by ensuring access, materials, timescales are both achievable and deliverable.
* Utilising your Hand Held Unit as trained.
* Informing your scheduler / supervisor on job progress, should these not be achievable advice Scheduler/Supervisor immediately.
* Raising awareness, communicate any improvements you see creating efficiencies.
* Be honest and helpful to the needs of others.
* Produce concise and accurate data records through PDA / mobile communication systems and reporting, including feedback on vulnerabilities within the community, the use of labour and materials and if tasks are deliverable in the time allocation.
* Always carry out you tasks as efficiently as possible, and to the high standards.
* Undertake works in line with MSPS H&S process and procedures.
* Carry out tasks as per instructions / training provided.
* Preferred previous experience of working within the gas industry
* Current ACS accreditation in CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1.
* Full UK Driving Licence held for minimum of 12 months.
* Level 3 gas NVQ or equivalent City and Guilds
* Unvented Hot Water
* Asbestos Awareness
* Additional experience with domestic plumbing would be advantageous.
* CSCS card
The following behaviour principles are important to this role:
* Put customers first
* Do the right thing
* Are passionate about what we do
* Grow together
* Strive to be sustainable
Build your career with a leading property services company, where we recognise that diversity of thought and talented people are key to our success.
MSPS are proud to support the resettlement of armed forces personnel