about 1 year ago
Job Title: Ganger
Reports To: Area Agent
Employment Period: Permanent
Salary Range: £ 26,834 - £31,176 (Depending on Experience)
Closing Date: 17/02/2018
Please note Powercare terms & conditions apply inclusive of black rock pension
This is a great opportunity for someone who wishes to build a career in a large company that will support you in moving up the career ladder with a heap of benefits along the way.
* We offer fully paid training to give you the recognised qualifications you need to progress your career at UKPN
* Paid Annual leave
* Personal Pension Plan
* Occupational Health support
* Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
* Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
* Discounted access to sports and social clubs
* Employee Assistance Programme.
UK Power Networks:
UK Power Networks owns and maintains electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England. We maintain and upgrade power equipment as well as move and connect new electricity cables.
UK Power Networks is the first company to win the prestigious Utility of the Year Award two years running and was named one of the top large companies (Sunday Times Top 30) to work for in the country for the third successive year.
* To carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement works on Faults, Small Service and Unmetered Connections work within the UK Power Networks EPN Distribution Licence area.
* To work either as the lead person in a 2-man excavation team, carrying out planned works, or as part of a combined excavation & jointing team carrying out fault repair work.
* To travel anywhere within the EPN area of UK Power Networks and participate in an out of hours standby rota.
* Responsibility for all aspects of Safety, Health and Environment relevant to this role
* To carry out risk assessments and maintain safe working practices
* Be able to operate hand held IT equipment to receive job instructions and record site information
* Ensure quality of works meets with current policies and procedures
* Ensure works are carried out to meet guaranteed service standards
* Ensure the security of vehicle, tools, plant and equipment
* To be able to work on their own or as lead person in a 2-man excavation team
* Be prepared to undertake other reasonable duties in line with the requirements of the Company
* Act as an ambassador for UK Power Networks and deliver excellent customer service
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for someone who has background experience in carrying out excavation, backfills and reinstatements. Such as previous employment in Utilities and construction.
* NRSWA Units 001-009
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Towing Licence
* Machine Operator ticket
* CSCS Operatives card
* Emergency First Aid
The following skills are not essential for the role but would be valuable
* Experience of working on electricity network
* Trench Support (deep excavation)
* Moling qualification
* Abrasive Wheel
* LV Support Person
* Sub-Station Entry
* Dumper Driver
* Work efficiently and communicate effectively with other team members
* Have the enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills and techniques
* Demonstrate a strong safety culture
* Be flexible in their approach to work
If you do not have the full range of essential qualifications listed above, there may be an opportunity for further training.
If you do not have all experience needed, then we can offer a lower salary grade until you have the right experience.
Please Note: Internal candidates who are still within a probationary period must get the written approval of their manager, which must be sent with their application.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
If in doubt, ask!