about 1 month ago
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Functional Safety Manager to join our team specializing in Electrified and Hydrogen power for our New Power Business Unit in Milton Keynes.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* The initial focus of the Functional Safety Manager will be to lead the development of the entire FuSa (Functional Safety) Platform Architecture for all of New Power’s current and future products.
* You will be leading the effort to develop a holistic top down FuSa systems architecture that includes key architectural features and function variants needed for FuSa compliance including potential third-party certification. These platforms must be set up with traceable safety requirements and verification metrics in accordance with ISO26262 standards.
* You will be responsible for the use of these architectural platforms in the planning and coordination of the VPI/NPI project FuSa activities, including the development of the safety plan, the monitoring the progress of the safety activities against the safety plan.
* You will also be responsible for facilitating functional safety audits, collating and reporting findings to senior management, as well as providing recommendations for product or process changes for FuSa compliance.
* You will be responsible for keeping up to date with legislation changes related to FuSa to ensure that internal policies are continually updated, and that engineering practices comply with this policy.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* Degree level qualification in Engineering related discipline
* Experience dealing with functional safety
* Preferred - Automotive industry experience
Compensation and Benefits
* Basic Salary: £55,800 - £68,200
* Defined contribution pension scheme - company contributions up to 9%
* Annual bonus plan - target 12% (based upon company performance)
* Private medical insurance
* Health cash plan - support towards medical, optical and dental costs
* Health screening
* Life Assurance
* 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
* Employee discount scheme - covering 100's of retailers
* Family friendly policies
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
EVERY EMPLOYEE, EVERY COMMUNITY
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Milton Keynes-UK, Milton Keynes, Precedent House
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Mar 19, 2021, 1:10:32 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 2100013W