7 months ago
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
Core Product Technology (CPT) is a global team responsible for the end-to-end eBay product experience and technology platform. In addition, we are working on the strategy and execution of our payments initiative, transforming payments management on our Marketplace platform which will significantly improve the overall customer experience.
Shutl is a London startup founded in 2008 and acquired by eBay in 2013. We started by offering eCommerce customers delivery in minutes. Today we have expanded our vision and we are building out our services to become a global eCommerce delivery solution.
Shutl has big ambitions and the backing of one of the most prestigious technology companies in the world today. With more than 100 million active users globally, eBay is the world's largest online marketplace, where anyone can buy and sell virtually anything. We are committed to provide a great experience to our customers and we are looking for a hardworking and driven individual to help us achieve our goals.
What you bring:
* Agile: Test-Driven Development, pair programming and continuous delivery are your prefered engineering practises? We’re mostly an XP shop and we take the best bits of Lean, Scrum and Kanban too.
* Architecture: In a large scale distributed web-application, you choose the right tool for the job at hand. You know when to break something out into a new component and the best way to wire it in, when to go with the simplest fit into the current system and when to rethink the existing approach.
* Full stack: you are confident working on a range of languages and frameworks and can quickly adapt to new ones. You like working on established technology stacks as well as quickly changing platforms.
What we bring:
* Rewarding technical challenges - fixing eCommerce delivery requires solving difficult technical problems: building unified shipping platforms for diverse customers, iterating fast while providing the best customer experience, constantly improving our technology while dealing with the eBay volume is what we do best.
* Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in Shoreditch, with bike racks (and shower!), right next to Liverpool St and Shoreditch High Street stations for super easy commuting, and lots of great food options nearby.
* Great company culture - we have a culture of respect and high expectations of others. We love sharing a drink in our Friday All Hands, play board games and enjoy free lunch on our demo day.
* Flexible working - really great support for working from home (we’ve got good video conferencing facilities) and great holiday package.
* Competitive salary and generous benefits.
What you'll do/learn:
* You will be a member of one of our agile teams delivering products and features to drive eBay’s shipping initiatives.
* Apply TDD/BDD and other agile practices on all the code you deliver.
* Constantly improve quality: refactoring code, proposing new tools and changing processes.
* Pair with team members and collaborate with remote teams to share knowledge and give/get constant feedback
* Previous experience on mature agile teams delivering continuously is a bonus.
£55,000 to £68,000 per annum
London - EC2A 3LT
Closing date for applications - 15/08/2019
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work..
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us via the link below. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.