about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky Tech UK is looking for an energetic and self-starting Front-end Developer with React experience to support our Broadband team.
What you’ll do:
– Driving and supporting the development of our Front-end projects within the Broadband space.
– Review code and support high quality standards.
– Ensure the best practices are fulfilled.
– Liaising with our product owner and the rest of the team.
– Participate actively in our Agile Ceremonies.
– Mentor and onboard other developers.
What you’ll bring:
– 2+ years of commercial experience in a previous role using React.js and Redux/Redux Saga.
– Expert knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, SASS and BEM.
– Familiarity in working with HTTP(S), RESTful APIs, Cookies, JWT.
– Confidence in working with industry standards like TDD, BDD and Gitflow.
– Experience in an Agile software development lifecycle.
– Excellent attention to detail, strong prioritization skills and verbal communication skills. Good team player.
Content, Tech & Innovation: We use the latest tech to create and distribute the best entertainment. In other words, we connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You’ll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
London, Brick Lane
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It’s part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.