3 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
‘Here at the Business and Corporate tribe, we strive to deliver the best possible experience for our internal and external customers, by constantly providing innovative solutions and adapting our ways of working. We encourage our people to regularly learn and boost their skills and knowledge in a supportive atmosphere. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a variety of projects using a range of technologies’ – Software Engineering Manager.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Leeds Dock campus offers a pool table, table tennis, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more.
– Contribute to the development of deliverables and modules
– Developing new applications, features and defect fixes, delivered within SDLC based process/standards
– Using TDD to deliver enterprise-quality code
– Supporting your colleagues by sharing your knowledge within your team and the wider Sky community
– Working in conjunction with Business Analysts to define technical solutions
– Working in an Agile team and contributing to Agile practices
– Producing technical documentation and adhering to coding standards
– Supporting the tribe’s applications and services on a rota basis
– Learning new technologies to support business requirements
– Working knowledge of REST API, Linux, Windows Server, Active Directory/ADFS, Databases (Oracle, MS SQL, JDBC)
– Experience using open-source technologies such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, GraphQL
– Creativity in solving problems
– Experience in pair programming
– Contributed to application design
– Experience of deploying and managing applications in the cloud
– An ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues on a wide range of applications
– A desire to seek diverse perspectives and consider others’ views before making decisions
– Experience in mobile technologies and responsive design – Xamarin / React-Native etc
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about