5 months ago
Front End Developer
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Front End Developer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join our Secure Communications group.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Development of code within an agile environment (SCRUM)
* Working with the team to design, implement and test features for a new product development.
* Task estimation in accordance with sprint planning.
This role may involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
* Degree level education (Computer Science preferred with minimum of 2.1)
* HTML5 and CSS3
* User Experience concepts (e.g. intuiative , efficienct)
* Single Page Applications
* Responsive web design to support a variety of devices
* Working with wireframes/mock-ups.
* Cross-browser development and compatibility issues
* Scalability and performance
* Experience of coding to RESTful interfaces
* Implementing multi-region support
* Unix/Linux & Windows environments
* Agile Development Processes
* Continuous build integration
* Issue tracking systems
* Ability to self-motivate and to work well within a team environment.
* Ability to promote innovation in self and others
* Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders in a confident and professional manner
* Ability to deliver to quality, cost and schedule
* Good attention to detail
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.