about 1 year ago
£Competitive salary DOE + Flexible Benefits, Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 days' holiday + day off on birthday
Bring your energy to OVO
We’re looking for the most innovative people in tech to work for an energy company like no other. The Sunday Times recently put OVO at number 20 on their list of the best companies to work for.
OVO’s been doing things differently since day one
We were the first energy supplier to let Pay As You Go customers top up on their phones. And the first to show people their electricity and gas usage in real time. We were even the first to release an Apple Watch app. We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo.
We’re just getting started
We need your ideas, expertise and know-how so we can shake things up even more. The challenges never stop at OVO. Mainly because we’re always looking for the next one. Invent. Create. Innovate. Repeat. We believe in the power of technology. And we need the best people out there to spot problems – then solve them.
The goal is to develop, test, and release software that scales. Quickly and reliably. Our hand-picked team of software engineers are making a real impact. And you could be one of them.
What's it like to work at OVO?
Here’s what you’ll need for this exciting role. A positive attitude and a collaborative approach to development are obviously essential. And then there’s…
* CSS3 and CSS preprocessors (Less or Sass).
* AngularJS (commercial exposure required).
* Experience working in an Agile environment.
* TDD / BDD experience.
And you’ll get bonus points for
* XP Experience.
* Having worked in a continuous delivery environment.
* Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
* The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
* A clearly defined career path
* Open plan office in Notting Hill
* Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
* Lots of social events
* Training budget
* Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
The main thing
This is your chance to work with passionate people using cutting-edge technology, in a collaborative environment where you can make your ideas heard. We give teams total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running their applications – you can make a real difference. Join us.